You will play an integral role in meeting the training needs of participants using blended learning, classroom learning and virtual learning delivery modalities. You will be responsible for the development, coordination, implementation and evaluation of training activities across the Company.
As our Academy Trainer you will combine your interpersonal skills with a passion for coffee and beverages to support and motivate the next generation of coffee and beverage professionals through training and into work. You’ll be joining a social enterprise with a focus on changing lives through coffee.
- Conduct public coffee education classes and/or F&B classes (after alignment with Bettr's approach and curriculum), including corporate and public coffee appreciation classes, SCA and WSQ classes
- Assist in all coffee-related activities, provide support in training classes and roasting
- Facilitate and deliver learning solutions and develop in-house training programs
- Mentor students/staff in retail management skills and customer service
- Assist in any social programmes (HT or BWT) training / coaching
- Co-develop curriculum and conduct any other new F&B-related courses in alignment with Bettr's approach and curriculum
- Conduct SCA & WSQ assessment in accordance with the Academy’s standards
- You will take ownership of trainee development and work closely with the Head Trainer to ensure everyone’s progression. You will also be instrumental in providing feedback in order to refine and further develop our training programmes, both existing and new.
B) Operations & Academy Administration
- Ensure Training operations at the Academy run like clockwork
- Help set up and enforce systems and SOPs for academy operations
- Work closely with the sales/marketing teams to ensure that a positive customer experience is provided to all clients and customers
- Manage and execute general admin duties for Academy operations
C) E-Learning Administrator & Content Development
- To administer and maintain the eLearning platforms
- To develop process and policies to ensure that students have a positive E-Learning experience
- To design and deliver E-Learning programmes
- Conceptualise training materials based on data and research
- Create training strategies, initiatives, and materials
Requirements & Qualifications
- Minimum two years' previous experience as a trainer/corporate training specialist in the areas of specialty coffee and Food & Beverage
- Coffee training experience, particularly to SCA standards (e.g. Barista Skills Professional)
- ACTA-qualified adult educator and/or Authorised SCA Trainers (ASTs).
- Experience with technologies and best practices for instructional manuals and teaching platforms
- Good interpersonal and communication skills with all levels of management
- Excellent leadership, team building, and management skills; able to mentor and lead
- Able to give and receive feedback effectively
- Ability to maintain an effective learning environment to drive understanding (i.e. using visual aids, able to recognise when a group or individual is lost and needs more attention)
- A demonstrated teaching style reflecting compassion, wisdom and integrity
- Energy and a passion for excellence, teamwork and creating success
In addition, the following is desirable but not required:
Experience in working, studying or volunteering with vulnerable/disadvantaged young people or adults
This job has everything for the right applicant, and is available immediately. All applications will be treated confidentially. Please write in to firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us why you'd like to be a part of our merry crew. Only successful candidates will be contacted.
Bettr is a home-grown specialty coffee company founded in 2011, and Singapore’s first certified B-Corporation. Currently comprising Bettr Academy and Bettr Coffee, they offer world-class professional coffee education, sustainably sourced coffee products and caffeine driven experiences. Bettr works to empower lives through a Holistic Training Programme for marginalised women and youth, by nurturing direct and sustainable trade across its supply chain, and by building socially conscious communities wherever they operate. The 2022 President’s Volunteerism & Philanthropy Awards and the 2017 President's Challenge Social Enterprise of the Year was awarded to Bettr. We are also Singapore's 1st Certified B Corp and Best For The World Honouree (Community) ‘16 - ’19, Best For The World (Workers) '22.