You're motivated and driven in your desire to build a career around coffee, you're great with people and able to multitask with stunning calmness and efficiency amidst chaos.
Your position is an important one. A barista is responsible for excellent customer service, takes orders, and creates quality food & beverages. A Barista also maintains and cleans the store and aims to WOW the customers. You are to work closely with your Outlet In-Charge and Supervisors to work towards achieving targets and goals set.
- Provide excellent customer service
- Great all-rounder and able to cope with many different tasks within the store during each shift
- Keeping equipment and services fully operational by following operating instructions
- Handle POS, cashless devices and delivery platform's devices
- To tally sales and cash taking at the end of the day
- Inventory and stock-taking
- Good product knowledge - able to recommend new product initiatives to customers
- Good communication skills and ability to work both independently and in a team
- Housekeeping and maintaining of store's general hygiene
- Opening and Closing of store
- Prepares quality food and beverages
- 1-2 years coffee/barista experience
- Preferably with at least 1 year of experience in F&B establishments
- Able to start work immediately
- Possess the mandatory Basic Food Hygiene Certificate for food handling
- Possess a positive work attitude and a team player; able to work in a fast pace environment
- Set of core values which aligns with Bettr’s social mission of using business as a force for good
- Believes that work can be purposeful and meaningful by applying your talents and skill sets to contribute to positive change and impact
- People and service-oriented, personable and able to build rapport with customers
- Observant, proactive and able to think on your feet to solve problems and provide stellar service
- Responsible, accountable and take pride in your work
- Organised and meticulous in upholding the highest standards of quality, cleanliness and product/service delivery
- Ability to work under pressure and maintain a calm demeanour during periods of high volume or unusual events
- Responsive to feedback and willing to learn
Salary and job title will depend on your experience as a barista (specifically) and F&B experience (in general), and ability to handle job duties assigned.
This job has everything for the right applicant, and is available immediately. All applications will be treated confidentially. Please write in to email@example.com and tell us why you'd like to be a part of our merry crew.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Bettr is a home-grown specialty coffee company founded in 2011, and Singapore’s first certified B-Corporation. Currently comprising Bettr Academy and Bettr Coffee, they offer world-class professional coffee education, sustainably sourced coffee products and caffeine driven experiences. Bettr works to empower lives through a Holistic Training Programme for marginalised women and youth, by nurturing direct and sustainable trade across its supply chain, and by building socially conscious communities wherever they operate. The 2022 President’s Volunteerism & Philanthropy Awards and the 2017 President's Challenge Social Enterprise of the Year was awarded to Bettr. We are also Singapore's 1st Certified B Corp and Best For The World Honouree (Community) ‘16 - ’19, Best For The World (Workers) '22.