You are responsible for overall performance as well as smooth and optimal operations in the Coffee Services Team in the fulfilment of the Company’s vision and mission.
You are accountable for the overall performance of the Coffee Services team, and will drive the Company’s business expansion plans through creating meaningful plans to drive results and leading the team to deliver high-quality customer experiences. Leading, motivating and engaging the team will be key to ensuring you are able to deliver these plans. You will need to be organised and a great communicator, with the ability to engage both corporate customers and retail customers for our B2B and B2C customer segments.
Operations, Resource & Financial Management
- Driving strategy for the bubble together with Business Development and senior management team, including B2B outlet and B2C strategy.
- Analyze market trends, customer preferences, and competitor activities to identify growth opportunities and maintain a competitive edge.
- Set ambitious goals and objectives and establish action plans to achieve them.
- Identify, set, fulfil, track and report relevant KPIs (eg: financials, customer service levels, etc).
- Develop and monitor budgets, revenue targets, and cost control measures to achieve financial objectives. Analyze financial reports, sales data, and industry benchmarks to identify areas for improvement and implement strategies to maximize profitability.
- Implement pricing strategies and promotional activities to drive sales and revenue growth.
- Oversee day-to-day operations to ensure smooth functioning and adherence to company policies and standards.
- Monitor and maintain the highest standards of food quality, presentation, and service to provide a memorable dining experience for guests.
- Review, design and monitor systems and processes to ensure smooth and optimal operations of all the outlets and that all quality and safety standards are met.
- Ensure that SOPs are properly documented, implemented and followed, and develop audit systems to train, implement and report performance.
- Implement efficient inventory management and cost control measures to maximize profitability.
- Troubleshoot and crisis manage as needed to ensure continued smooth F&B operations.
- Engaging with corporate customers for corporate orders, liaising with Coffee Services team members to ensure this is delivered.
- Handling quotations and invoicing (including ensuring invoices are paid) for corporate orders.
- Managing relationships with B2B outlet customers, including handling their ad-hoc requests, liaising with Coffee Services team members to ensure requests are delivered, handling invoicing (including ensuring invoices are paid) for B2B outlet customers, providing inputs into B2B outlet contract renegotiations.
Customer Service Standard, Retention & Growth
- Identifying strategies to retain and attract customers.
- Driving a high level of customer service across the outlets as well as resolving customer complaints, and implementing customer service training as necessary.
- Working closely with BD & Marcomms to design and ensure successful implementation of all campaigns & initiatives.
- Monitor guest feedback and complaints, taking proactive measures to address issues and enhance the dining experience.
- Interact with guests to gather feedback and build strong customer relationships.R&D and menu development to keep the menu fresh and on the concept.
People & Development
- Recruit, lead, supervise and manage the team - planning team's manpower needs and future planning. Includes ensuring that staff are motivated, and properly trained, overseeing staff development roadmap and future planning, reinforcing successful performance and giving respectful and encouraging coaching as needed, implement and follow through with consequences on misbehaviour & misconduct.
- Foster a positive and inclusive work environment, promoting teamwork, employee engagement and motivation.
- Provide coaching and performance feedback to staff members to enhance their skills and ensure outstanding customer service.
- Conduct regular staff meetings and training sessions to keep the team updated on service standards and new menu offerings.
BB Ambassador and advocate
- Acts with integrity, honesty, and knowledge that promote the culture, values, and mission of The Bettr Group.
- Work closely with senior management to develop the team’s vision and strategies for the year, in support of overall organisation’s visions and strategies.
- Work closely with other teams to ensure optimal utilisation of organisation’s resource, and brand adherence and to achieve organisational wide goals.
- Work closely with Academy/Social to ensure that the team remains true to our social core and provide on-going support to meeting social KPIs.
You have the following:
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a similar role working in a managerial role in a F&B/retail environment overseeing 3 and/or more outlets.
- Possess a valid mandatory Basic Food Hygiene Certificate for food handling.
- Been involved in new concept and retail outlets launches preferred.
Skills & Knowledge
- Strong business acumen and financial management skills, including budgeting, cost control, and revenue management.
- Excellent leadership and team management abilities, with a track record of motivating and developing high-performing teams.
- Strong problem-solving and decision-making abilities in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills with the ability to prioritise work, handle conflicting demands and meet tight deadlines.
- Strong change management skills to be able to introduce structure and redesign existing systems and processes.
- Confident, self-initiating, committed, enthusiastic, assertive, compassionate, strategic, professional and driven.
- Set of core values which aligns with Bettr’s social mission.
In addition, the following is desirable but not required:
- Experience of working, studying or volunteering with vulnerable/disadvantaged young people or adults.
- Experience in providing one-on-one coaching or mentoring is highly desirable.
This job has everything for the right applicant, and is available immediately. All applications will be treated confidentially. Please write to email@example.com and tell us why you'd like to be a part of our merry crew. Only successful candidates will be contacted.
Bettr is a home-grown specialty coffee company founded in 2011, and Singapore’s first certified B-Corporation. Currently comprising Bettr Academy and Bettr Coffee, they offer world-class professional coffee education, sustainably sourced coffee products and caffeine driven experiences. Bettr works to empower lives through a Holistic Training Programme for marginalised women and youth, by nurturing direct and sustainable trade across its supply chain, and by building socially conscious communities wherever they operate. The 2022 President’s Volunteerism & Philanthropy Awards and the 2017 President's Challenge Social Enterprise of the Year was awarded to Bettr. We are also Singapore's 1st Certified B Corp and Best For The World Honouree (Community) ‘16 - ’19, Best For The World (Workers) '22.