Since 2011, our social programmes
have trained more than 213 participants and benefited over 500 dependents
Our retail coffee bars are mainly staffed by graduates from our courses and social programmes. They have been provided with the necessary skills and training to help them become independent and self-sufficient, even when their career paths grow beyond Bettr.
We currently offer two social programmes for at-risk youth, marginalised women, and individuals from low-income/educational backgrounds.
We work with the marginalised
to find stable employment, by providing:
- Emotional, mental, physical training, with coffee skills
- Includes internship and job placement
- Equipping graduates with confidence, emotional resilience and self-belief
- Hiring practices, culture and learning and development - intentionally created for marginalised individuals to thrive
- Life challenges are a ‘support need’ rather than a demerit point
Journey with our past grads
Even at my age, I can still do new things. I can still learn. There's no need to give up. I hope that whenever my kids feel like giving up in life, they will think about how their mum still went and studied at Bettr. Then they don't have to feel down.